The workshop was delivered by Dave and Barnie.
Both have an extensive knowledge and experience of working with sound and use sophisticated equipment to fully explore a broad range of opportunities this medium offers.
Following an illustrated presentation of technical and theoretical ideas, we were split into groups of three. The aim was to develop a cohesive sound project covering approximately 2 minutes of time.
I worked with KK and Alexis. Following a debate, we settled down on a concept inspired by the work of Bruce Nauman.
The work process was split into five distinct stages:
1. Brainstorming ideas and refinement of supporting thinking.
2. Composing the text comprising of a list of contradictory words and meanings
3. Recording of four narrations.
4. Editing of sounds and problem solving.
5. Refinement and re-evaluation of project concept, and creative intentions. Critical analysis of our work.